About your library . . .
Cranford Public Library
224 Walnut Avenue
Cranford, New Jersey 07016
Monday to Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Thursday & Friday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closed Saturday in the summer.
Same hours as above - Children must be accompanied by an adult after 6:00 p.m.
Your library has . . .
- Books - more than 100,000 titles
- Books in Russian, Polish and Spanish
- Children's books in Spanish
- Adult Literacy and English as a Second Language collections
- Magazines and newspapers - nearly 200 subscriptions
- Playaways (digital audiobooks)
- Downloadable audiobooks (from eLibraryNJ)
- Downloadable e-books (from eLibraryNJ)
- Nook eBook readers
- Large print books
- Videos (feature films, instructional, and educational)
- DVDs (feature films, instructional, and educational)
- The Great Courses series on DVD
- The Modern Scholar series on CD
- CD-ROM programs
- Foreign language cassettes and CDs
Your library also has . . .
- FOR CHILDREN - Story hours for two, three and four-year-olds - Special events - Summer reading program - Puppets - MUZZY language series
- FOR TEENS - Young adult books (including graphic novels) - Books-on-CD - Playaways - Book discussion group - Teen advisory board - Summer reading program - Movies - Volunteer opportunities
FOR THE DISABLED - Delivery to shut-ins - Video magnifier - Access to the materials and services of the New Jersey Talking Book and Braille Center
FOR ONE AND ALL - Reference services - Extra copies of bestsellers - Interlibrary loan service - Museum passes - Commercial online databases - Value Line and Outlook investment services - Internet access, including wireless access - Word processing computers - Educational and cultural programs - Exhibit space - Tax forms
MURAL LIBRARY - As a Cranford resident you have borrowing privileges at 40 libraries in Union and Middlesex counties. Materials may be returned at any of the libraries. Please call ahead to the library you are planning to visit to check on hours and borrowing policies.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE - Copying machines - Fax service ($1.00 per page) - Microfilm and microfiche reader/printer - Telephone reference service - Telephone renewal service - Reserve service - Outdoor book drops, including a 24-hour drive-up drop - Online access to the library catalog and to your library account (including Mobile PAC for smart devices) - Online renewal and reserve service - Library Web page - Postage stamps for sale - Coffee machine - Notary public (The service is free, but please call ahead to be sure there will be a notary on the premises when you plan to visit.)
You are eligible for a free library card if you live, work full-time, attend school full-time, or own property in Cranford!
COME AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR RESOURCES!!!
What You May Borrow
FROM THE ADULT & YOUNG ADULT COLLECTIONS. A total of . . .
- Unlimited books
- 5 magazines
- 6 books-on-CD
- 6 books-on-tape
- 6 books-on-MP3
- 3 Playaways (digital audiobooks)
- 5 downloadable books (eLibraryNJ)
- 1 Nook eBook reader
- 6 videos
- 3 DVDs
- 3 Modern Scholar CD sets
- 3 Great Courses DVD sets
- 6 talking books
- 6 videos
- 6 compact discs
- 6 CD-ROM programs
- 1 or 2 museum passes (museum entry policies vary)
FROM THE CHILDREN'S COLLECTION. A total of . . .
- Unlimited Books (4 on one subject)
- 5 Magazines
- 4 Books-on-CD
- 4 Books-on-Tape
- 4 Books-on-MP3
- 5 CDs
- 3 DVDs
- 6 Videos
- 4 CD-ROM
- 4 Puppets
- Adult magazine - 7 days
- DVD or video - 7 days
- New adult book - 14 days
- Recorded book (book-on-tape, -CD, -MP3, and Playaway) - 28 days
- Downloadable book (eLibraryNJ) - loan period varies
- Travel guide - 14 days
- Interlibrary loan - 14 days
- CD - 14 days
- Modern Scholar CD - 28 days
- Great Courses DVD - 28 days
- Language tapes - 28 days
- CD-ROM - 14 days
- Children's puppets - 14 days
- Children's recorded book (book-on-tape, -CD, -MP3, and Playaway) - 14 days
- Most other materials - 28 days
RENEWALS - Call 908-709-7272, or renew online at http://catalog.cranfordlibrary.org/polaris.