About The Township
Cranford is a town of rich history, stable residential neighborhoods, and a thriving downtown commercial district and business park. In Cranford, you’ll find an excellent quality of life in a friendly home-town atmosphere.
- The Cranford area, with a population of more than 140,000 people within the three-mile radius, has an average household income of more than $62,000.
- The township of Cranford has a population of nearly 23,000 with 8,200 households, and is five square miles in area.
- Cranford has been designated a “bedroom” community to New York City with many outbound commuters (more than 725 people commute by train to NYC each day).
- Cranford’s three business parks create a large inbound commuter flow as well.
- Home to Union County College.
- Home to excellent elementary schools, junior high schools and the Cranford High School, in addition to St. Michael School (Private Grammar School).
Parks and Plazas
- Nomahegan Park offers recreational opportunities.
- Downtown Eastman Plaza and Warner Plaza offer pedestrian comfort, and are host to the Summer Concert Series.